background

03 September 2012

Taking the next step!


Hello Readers!  I have been absent from blogging for a while now, not purposefully, just due to being overwhelmingly busy this Summer.  I hope that you have enjoyed a fun & restful Summer, too!  I have a HUGE announcement today!  No….I am NOT pregnant….but it is something just as equally exciting for Phil and I.  I am going to make you wait a while for the details though – no scrolling down! :O)

In the past few months we sold & closed on our first house.  We moved out of the house 2-1/2 years ago.  A very bittersweet moment – it was our first house, the first place our babies came home after they were born, the first walls we painted in anticipation for all that would take place in our home, and yet, somehow we were very happy to see it go.   It’s time to move on, time to take the next step, time to plant our roots; because we wanna live where the green grass grows, watch our corn pop up in rows, every night be tucked in close…….haha sorry for the serenade there, got carried away!  Over the next few months we’ll be looking for our new place to settle.  It’s very exciting and a little scary because it means making a commitment.  No more transient Browns!

The theme of taking next steps is at the heart of our big announcement.  Almost 5 years ago our world was shaken by the loss of our son.  It has been a growth experience; of course there’s heartache, of course there’s still a sense of a hole in our souls; but it is time to take the next step in our healing. 

For a while now we have daydreamed of the idea of beginning a foundation to help other families that walk through similar situations as we did.  We have always thought it was in the future; we didn’t have enough time, money, emotional strength, but a few months ago we got the “ah-ha” when our church was doing the “At the Movies” series.  The movie was spliced into several snipits to give you an overall sense of the plot.  On this particular Sunday, the movie was “Bella” (you can learn more here http://bellamoviesite.com/).  During the entire service I felt full – I had that huge cry baby lump in my throat and kept telling myself not to blink for fear my Revlon non-waterproof mascara would go streaming down my face and I would come out of church looking like a member of KISS.  It was so good, yet at the same time, so hard.  I walked away that Sunday with this summary – we will all suffer tragedies in our lives, some more severe than others, and one day there must come a point when we decide what to do with the pieces left in our hands.  I thought about this for many weeks beyond the movie series; so much so that it consumed my mind on my commute to work and kept me awake at night.  How much longer would we continue to be “the couple that lost their son”?

The time has come – it’s time for action.  Time to use the story God has written for us and make a happy ending.  In the next coming months you will hear more details about the foundation.  I don’t want to give too much away right now, but know this; we need your prayers for the success of this foundation!  We have formed our board of directions, hosted our first meeting, and even received our first donation!  This is very, very exciting for us and we hope that you will consider being a part of this foundation with us!  Start looking for more information about this foundation on Facebook, email, and potentially your snail mail over the next few weeks.  If you have any questions, feel free to email me at gdbrown2005@yahoo.com

As always, thanks for your love & support.

No comments: