background

23 February 2009

Babies R Us = Psych Ward

I had a great weekend, but some challenging things came also. Phil and I led a DNOW at Sterling Wood Church - it was awesome. Those kids were a blessing to us. In the midst of all the teenage chaos, I had to break away to attend a close friend's baby shower for precious new baby AJ. He is so sweet and we get to see him often (he only lives around the corner). So, I went to Babies R Us (that place is a madhouse!) to get a gift for my friend. I didn't think much of it, but after entering the powder pink and baby blue filled mega store, it suddenly hit me that this was the first time I had gone into the store since we lost Marshall. I was okay with that, until I saw an outfit he had - I was weeping uncontrollably in the middle of the store! I missed seeing him, hearing him, and not to mention there was a lady beside me who called her kid "stupid". People probably thought I was some kind of crazy person (although everyone in that store was crazy). So, I dried my eyes and then smiled, thinking back to all of the joy my precious boy brings me and remembered I have that same joy inside me again. I am so thankful God - I never will call my child, the one you've created, stupid. Thank you for this blessing, keep us healthy.

2 comments:

Nana said...

I wish I could have been with you while shopping for AJ. But there were other plans for me at the hospital. God was there with you even though I could not be. He is always with you and feels every tear you shed. He wants you to TRUST Him and let Him carry every worry, doubt, and fear.

Jennifer said...

Don't you hate that when people don't talk to their children like the precious blessings that they are? What's sad is that the children understand what their parents are saying and a lot of the time, they believe what they hear. Anyway, it is great to hear that you are doing well. I think about you and Phil all the time and I am so happy for yall!