background

29 July 2009

I could eat a horse!

Well another doctor visit yesterday - all is well. Her heartbeat is usually at 144-142 so this is good news. Also, her measurements checked out, she is growing and so am I! I gained another 2 pounds - usually this would be devastating, but I needed to. I have only gained 11 pounds for the entire pregnancy - granted I still have 6 weeks to go. So I will have two more 2 week appointments and on August 27th we will have our last ultrasound. They will be able to tell how big she is (she's Philip's kid okay - she's gonna be big! - praise God for C-sections!).
In other news - I am starving all of the time! I wake up hungry in the middle of the night, usually around 3pm. After I debate taking the trek downstairs to make some cereal or a sandwich I am usually back to sleep. But - last night, my hunger was so intense it kept me awake for 45 minutes. I tromped down the stairs on wobbly legs, sore from the round ligament disorder (don't ask!), and made myself a bowl of applesauce and a glass of water. What should one eat in the middle of the night? I am always contemplating the heartburn issue, so I had to choose something tummy friendly. Needless to say, after woofing down the applesauce, Winnie and I tucked ourselves back into bed (poor Phil was clueless to the whole event) and eventually fell back asleep after reading an article in Parents magazine. I remember this phase when I was pregnant with Marshall - towards the end, I have many sleep-interrupted nights - guess it's just God's way of preparing me for the months to come. However, I hope in those months, Phil is not oblivious! P.S. - He is a really good dad, he does get up in the middle of the night!

No comments: