background

10 August 2009

feeling the heat.

well maybe it's the heat and maybe it's just this time in the pregnancy, but i have been so exhausted lately. last week, i guess i did too much. i was down with allergies/cold and my body just hurt everywhere. after arriving at work on Friday - i made the decision that i just really needed to go home and rest. It killed me to do that - not only am I trying to save my personal days for my maternity leave, but also, I had already driven the 35 minutes to Houston. Popping claritin didn't seem to give much relief, so all day Friday i rested and did not move off the couch - it was what i needed. my back didn't hurt, no round ligament pain, and my nose seemed to dry up by Saturday morning. i have a really hard time sitting still - so after feeling like i wasted the day away on Friday, i thought to myself on Saturday "hmm, i think i am ready to do more today!". Wrong answer - after the day of going to do a DNow in Magnolia in the morning (I had previously committed to the whole weekend, but crashed and burned on Friday), then driving back to Crosby, then sorting through the plethora of gifts for Analie - I was exhausted and the back pain returned. Not to mention - I was lonely - I missed Phil. So Winnie and I retired to the couch again late Saturday evening and ALL day long on Sunday. When Phil got home, he joined us - guess everybody deserves a lazy weekend sometimes!

No comments: