background

19 August 2009

T minus 4 weeks!

Squirmy worm in my belly - she's getting big! It cracks me up every time I arise from my desk chair; that for a moment or two I am caught off guard by the extra baggage I am carrying. I steady myself for a second, look around to see if anyone is watching, then "gracefully" start to take my wobbly steps. Swaying back and forth like the friggin' titanic, I reach my destination, then "ahh" some relief to sit again! The hallway at my office has never seemed so daunting, and I am sure everyone of my co-workers is getting annoyed by the sliding gritty sound of my shoes waltzing through the office. But this is great!
I think I am going to stop reading all of the articles in the baby magazines. Considering my heightened level of paranoia, I don't think it's wise for me to be diving into articles that are meant to educate but leave a sense of fear in you. From diapering to vaccinations, every article has posted the "highly unlikely, but possible" scenarios leaving me gripping my seat at the turn of every page. What if I don't do the umbilical cord right (never had to with Marshall, the hospital took care of it), what if I don't attach the car seat correctly with the LATCH system, and then there's the "encouraging" articles about breastfeeding and every experts opinion about what's best for MY child.....ugh, I am gonna do just fine. Sometimes I even wonder if these "experts" even have children of their own. Once I received a book from a friend dealing with grief and the loss of a child, only come to find out the author had NEVER experienced it, and didn't even have children - I didn't read the book. No thanks, I don't need any unsolicited advice from these so-called "experts".
In the mean time, I will commit to finishing "projects" around the house before this little princess arrives. Painting the front door (Phil), installing the peep hole (Phil), cleaning the baseboards (umm...Phil?) lol

2 comments:

Esther said...

Girlie... You will do an awesome job, I'm sure of it! Trust your instincts & if you're in a jam, you can call me :) I'm no expert, but I'll dish out any advice if asked. Love ya!

Nana said...

Gina,

You are so good at explaining the wobble that is experience with pregnancy. It brought back memories of when I was carrying Philip. It was a blessed time. I know with your whimsicle (?) attitude you will be able to overcome any thing that comes along. You and Philip work so well together. If one of you does not the answer to a question, the other one does. Besides you have your mom and meme down there and they did a fabulous job with you. Love you and can't wait for THE BIG DAY.

Nana