background

10 April 2009

heavy heart

This week has been really challenging for me. I battle letting pregnancy emotions get in the way of rational thinking and no one (especially men) seems to understand how difficult that is. Really, in all honesty, it is such a challenge, a virtual struggle between testosterone and estrogen. I don't recall being this emotionally swayed when I was pregnant with Marshall. Add to all of that dealing with difficult people at work (very difficult people!), taxes due, a hefty monthly payment to the doctor, a sweet dog who chews everything, and having to decide what to make for dinner - ugh - I am a stress magnet. Yes, I know, in hindsight all of these things will be but a speck of dirt, not even worth worrying about right now, but at the moment I just want to sit on my couch, read some books, have someone clean my house spotless, receive a check from Ed McMahon, then go get my nails done - and maybe a haircut too?

2 comments:

Coop said...

I will come clean your house...may not be spotless and Haley would love to come do your nail (just one nail) and your hair too for that matter. The best advice I can give you is to be still and know that He is God and that everything else can wait. Love you!! Oh yeah and Haley will sing to you too HELLO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!

Steph

Gina said...

thanks guys! I will have to pass on the song :(

On the up side - I did get a pedicure on Tuesday and I cleaned (even the baseboards) on Saturday - now...if I can just get that check?!?