background

29 April 2009

To my darlings

I dream of you, precious, and the lifetime we'll share. How I'll bring you home wrapped up, with such gentle care. How I'll wash your tiny hands, and clean your tiny nose, and kiss you and love you from your head to your toes. I dream of the memories that we'll get to make, taking you to the park and to the zoo to see the snakes. I dream of the moments you'll look at me with love, with innocence in your eyes, and wrap me in your hugs. How I'll hold you so tight, and never let go, how I'll whisper into your ear the things you need to know. Like I love you, I love you, my sweet darling babe, I'll always be here, no need to be afraid. When you have nightmares or fall on your knee, I imagine the kind of mommy I hope I will be. To cuddle and comfort, to tell you it's okay, then to look back together and laugh the rest of the day. I think of the moments you'll snuggle daddy and me, when you'll hold both our hands and go skipping with glee. When I think of you precious, I thank God for love, for grace, and forgiveness, and blessings from above.

1 comment:

agapotheos said...

So sweet! Analie is going to have a wonderful mommy and daddy!